P.S. 200 PTA seeks to enrich and improve our children school experience. The children are the reason we are all here, working together, donating our time, efforts and money. We have pride in our students, our children and our school. We are here to support to also support parents and guardians. We support the parents and guardians with their questions and concerns and in many cases act as a liason between parents and staff. Finally, we also support teachers and staff to support various needs that are not paid by the Department of Education.
We are always looking for parent/guardian volunteers and raising funds for various needs and programs of the school that are not paid by the Department of Education.
Some of our last year's fundraising activities have helped us to provide and donate the following items and services to the school. Here are examples of programs at school which we were able to support in 2018-2019:
- We purchased a real kiln for our Art Program so that kids could try their hand in real sculpture. The kiln is arriving in the fall of 2019.
- We purchased violins, bridges, strings, storage unit for the instruments and paid for instrument repairs for our school's violins and band programs.
- We bought storage for equipment for physical therapy for kids who need physical therapy.
In 2018-2019 we organized these events and activities:
- Laser Holiday Show for the whole school
- Senior Olympiad (field cost, lunch and snacks)
- Senior Dance (DJ, lunch, decorations, favors)
- Halloween Holiday Party
- Pre-K Pumpkin Patch
- Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremony decorations
- Literacy Night refreshments
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Party
- Dr. Seuss Day Celebration
- Talent Show
- Senior Graduation decorations, flowers, awards
- PS 200 Staff and TEacher's Appreciation Luncheon
- Science Fair and STEAM program support
We also support the following supplies needs:
- School folders for all students;
- Art supplies such as art show decorations, printer ink, camera
- My ON reading program support
We are parents and guardians of our school and we need you to get involved!
volunteer with us!
Help us throw the funnest yet Halloween Party on October 25th!
Help with Photos on November 7-8, 2019: we need 4 volunteers on November 7 and November 8 to get kids ready for pictures, organize them and handle some paperwork
We are looking for help with the Holiday Boutique on December 17-18, 2019 to sell merchandise and organize stands
No amount is too small. We will put your money to work for our kids and their school experience. Never hesitate to send a check or cash to PS 200 PTA. We will be grateful!
Here are some photos taken by PTA of events organized by the school:
Annual Music Cafe:
National Costume Day:
Dr. Seuss Day
Recess at PS 200:
Annual Art Showcase at District 20:
Annual Art Show:
Chess at P.S. 200:
Annual Halloween Party:
P.S. 200 Violines: